Thursday 14 May 2009

More about the 'Buy Botox Online' horror


I spoke a little about this in 'Fake Botox Kits For Sale On Ebay', but as more and more online publications report the issues, I wonder whether the headlines will deter people from buying, or make people realise that they can buy these kits online?

The Daily Mail does a good job of scaring people away from this horrific trend, with their 'Poison-by-post.com; the terrifying trend that could paralyse, blind or even kill you' headline.

The article states "The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) admits it cannot stop Botox being sold from countries outside Britain as it is outside its jurisdiction. It can take action only against British companies, or those advertising on a British-based website, which are selling it without a prescription."

So, what can we do? Well I think that educating people that the best and safest way to use Botox (whether to combat wrinkles or any other use) is to see a licensed practitioner in a renowned clinic, not to buy a dodgy kit from the Internet and try to do it yourself.

Riverbanks clinic is an award winning clinic, with plenty of press coverage. I am quoted in many publications, both on and offline, and pride myself on my qualifications and my dedication to getting good results for my patients.

When I think of how a patient feels when they come to our clinic and see our professional setup, and talk to me and my staff, and how someone in front of a bathroom mirror with a syringe of who-knows-what in their hand, I know which one I'd rather be!

To find out more about our Botox treatments, visit our website at http://www.riverbanksclinic.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see people warning against this awful trend - see also:

    Buying Fillers and Botox Online Can Lead to permanent Disfiguration: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Buying-Fillers-and-Botox-Online-Can-Lead-to-Permanent-Disfiguration-111003.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't beleive people are still falling for those types of things!

    I'd like to echo Julie and say thanks for the warning on everyone else's behalf.

    There are so many good clinics out there, I just don't see why people want quick fixes when it has more often than been proved that they don't work.

    ReplyDelete